Colaboratorio Arte Project opens a new call for proposals to participate in the 2nd version of its International Mail Art Exhibit 2014.
“International Mail Art” first edition
Launched on May 16th 2012 involved the participation of 154 artists from 37 different countries and featured more than 300 works.
The itinerant “Art in Motion” exhibit was presented in the cities of Altamura, Italy (2012) and Lima, Peru (2013); along with seminars and workshops performed in different educational institutions as part of the communication circuit proposed by the project.
What news for the 2nd edition?
An itinerant exhibition this time featuring in 3 locations: Gravina in Puglia, Italy, Sao Paulo – Brazil, Lima – Peru and Ayacucho, Peru.
Forums on Facebook & tweet-debates where we can get in touch with all the people interested in our project to help us reach our goal to develop an online repository of mail art.
All participants will be contacted by mail to receive the information.
How to help the project?
As we already mentioned Colaboratorio Arte is based on voluntary work and does not receive any private or governmental aid. For that reason we have planned two activities to collect funds we hope our artist will spread through their own networks:
- Verkami: we will open a verkami crowdfunding account to collect funds for transportation and montage.
- Art objects sale: the artists whom want to collaborate with the project could release their work’s commercial and non-exclusive image reproduction rights to allow us create merchandising to be sold in our website and the exhibitions. If you want to participate this way your work must fall under the category of free cultural work; for those purposes please write on the back of your work: “I release the non-exclusive commercial rights of this work to Colaboratorio Arte”.
Topic of the call: “ART IN MOTION: BODY, TIME & SPACE”
Each postcard must have the following information:
– Name of the artist, or group.
– Title of the work.
– Blog / Website.
– Free cultural work statement (optional).
This call of proposals will provide two exhibition spaces: virtual and physical.
1) Virtual: All projects will be shown on the official website of the project http://www.colaboratorioarte.com/
2) Physical: All mail art works should arrive in Italy by: June 30, 2014 to participate in the exhibit. All entries received by this date will be part of the “Art in Motion” 2014 art collection.
Art exhibit locations:
- Gravina in Puglia, Italy
- Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Lima, Peru – GoodToday Center
- Ayacucho, Peru – Cultural Center Casa Matteo Ricci.
Exhibition Period: from September 2014 to December 2015
Deadline (work in Italy): June 30, 2014 after this date the piece will be accepted but will not participate in the art exhibits.
Send postcards to:
Adriana Cordero – Colaboratorio Arte
Via della Conciliazione 3
70024 – Gravina in Puglia (BA)
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. No selection will be made.
2. No fees.
3. Projects that offend cultural or moral parameters will not be accepted.
4. The projects are not for sale and shall belong to the Art in Motion – Colaboratorio Arte Collection II, which will be available to institutions and individuals upon request.
5. The artists will receive further notice of future exhibitions of this collection.
6. Projects will not be insurance.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The projects presented to this exhibition must be created on the subject “ART IN MOTION: BODY, TIME & SPACE”.
Artists are free to use any technique.
Each artist may submit up to 3 projects. The complete project must measure 15x10cm centimeters exactly.
Projects will be accepted only in two dimensions. The artist will be able to choose the technique and support, either paper or cloth, up to a thickness of 5mm (five millimeters). No frames allowed.
Every artist participating in the physical art exhibit will receive an virtual catalog and an online certificate of participation.
The official website of Colaboratorio Arte (http://www.colaboratorioarte.com/) will be in charge of documenting the works.
October 22 – CALL FOR PROPOSALS starting date.
June 30 – Deadline to receive mail art to participate in the physical art exhibits.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
firstname.lastname@example.org – att. Adriana Cordero
To download the PDF please click the link below:
Para descargar la convocatoria en PDF hacer click en el siguiente link: 2ª CONVOCATORIA INTERNACIONAL DE ARTE CORREO – COLABORATORIO ARTE (ES)
Il gruppo Colaboratorio Arte convoca gli artisti interessati a condividere i propri lavori per la prima rassegna d’ arte postale.
Per scaricare il PDF cliccare sul seguente link: 2ª CONVOCATORIA INTERNAZIONALE ARTE IN MOVIMENTO – COLABORATORIO ARTE (IT)