To download the PDF please click the link below:
Para descargar la convocatoria en PDF puedes hacer click en: ARTE EN MOVIMIENTO – 1º CONVOCATORIA INTERNACIONAL DE ARTE CORREO
Per scaricare il PDF cliccare sul seguente link: ARTE IN MOVIMENTO – 1º CONVOCAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE DI MAIL ART
Colaboratorio Arts Group opens a new call for mail art exhibit work.
What is the Colaboratorio Project Art?
Born as a center without walls, a meeting open to researchers, academics, students and general public interested in the creation of a network learning space, flexible and participatory around the themes of art, movement and space. It arises from the fusion of the words “collaboration” and “laboratory” considered a tool to harness interactive technologies to generate and share knowledge without geographical restrictions, generating the possibility of giving or receiving data, information and knowledge at anytime, anywhere there is network connectivity.
Colaboratorio [art, space & movement] seeks to build collective knowledge around the globe in constant development.
What is mail art?
Mail Art or Postal Art, is a global movement of exchange and communication through the mail. By using this method it determines the characteristics of the object to send, in terms of size, weight or shape, they must meet the conditions laid out by the various postal services of each country.
Mail Art is more than a simple exchange of art through the mail, it is mostly communication. Art and communication come together in the mailing, focusing on each occasion and depending on the artist mailing, one over the other, or by establishing a connection between the two characteristics. 
Topic of the call: “ART OF MOVEMENT”
Each postcard must have the following information:
• Name of the artist, or group.
• Title of the work.
• Blog / Website (if you have and want to) & Email
The call provides two exhibition spaces: online and physical.
1) Online: The acceptance of work has no deadline. All projects will be shown on the official website http://www.colaboratorioarte.com/
2) Physical: Projects should be in Italy by the following deadline: August 25, 2012 to participate in the physical exposure. All entries received by this date will be part of an exposition that will be shown in the streets of Gravina in Puglia on the occasion of the Festival of St. Michael, patron of the city.
Location: Streets of the city of Gravina in Puglia – Italy.
Inauguration: September 28, 2012
Exhibition Period: from September 28,29,30 2012.
Deadline (work in Italy): September 25, 2012 after this date the work will be accepted but will not participate in physical exposure.
Send postcards to:
Adriana Cordero – Colaboratorio Arte
Via Palermo 157
70024 – Gravina in Puglia (BA)
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. No selection will be made.
2. Projects that offend cultural or moral parameters will not be accepted.
3. Projects presented by the artists will be included in the 1st International Mail Arts Exhibition by Arts Collaboratory Mail.
4. The projects are not for sale and shall belong to the Collaboratory Art Collection I, which will be available to institutions and individuals upon request.
5. The artists will be notified of future samples from this collection.
6. Projects will not have insurance.
The projects for this exhibition must be created on the subject “ART OF MOVEMENT”.
Artists are free to use any technique.
Each artist may submit up to 3 projects. The complete project must measure 15x10cm centimeters exactly.*
Projects will be accepted only in two dimensions. The artist will be able to choose the art you want on paper or cloth to a thickness of 5mm (five millimeters).
Each artist participating in the physical exposition will receive an invitation and an online catalog.
Article 6The official website of Colaboratorio Arte (http://www.colaboratorioarte.com/) document the names of the artists and their works.
May 16 – OPEN CALL
September 25 – Deadline for postcards on physical exposition**
September 28 – Inauguration day physical exposition
For more INFORMATION:
firstname.lastname@example.org – att. Adriana Cordero
*It is recommended that you send the work inside an envelope in case damages during transport.
**The online exposition has no deadline.